FlexDex – A Revolutionary Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS) Medical Device Technology that Enhances Dexterity via the VirtualCenterTM Mechanism.
FlexDex is a new minimally invasive surgery (MIS) tool technology that provides high dexterity, intuitive control, and natural force feedback in an affordable and ergonomic design. It delivers this enhanced functionality so far seen only in multi-million dollar robotic tools, but via a simple mechanical hand-held tool that is three orders of magnitude lower in cost. This technology is expected to enable the wider adoption of advanced MIS across several surgical specialties, including General Surgery, Urology, Gynecology, Colorectal, Head & Neck, and Cardiothoracic by enhancing surgical dexterity, reducing the surgeon-training time and cost.
- The initial research for FlexDex technology was developed at the University of Michigan
- FlexDex LLC was registered in 2010, and has an option to license the technology from the University
- Design, development and next-generation advanced prototypes will be complete in Q1 2012
- A comprehensive ‘Foreign IP Filing Strategy’ for EU and select countries has been completed
- The company leadership team is in-place supported by select Legal and IP professionals
FlexDex LLC 2012